The period when summer ends and autumn begins is quite a challenge to your body’s immune system and to your skin as well. These are the days when the morning is cooler, and the afternoon is warm! To some people, this is when the skin starts to feel tight, dull, rough and patchy. All which are warning signals of a compromised skin barrier! Let’s blame it to the sun, the wind and the weather!
Your skin gets too much exposure to sunshine in summer. Sun rays as you know is not always healthy to your skin. The outer layer is most susceptible to damage leading to patchiness and dryness of the skin, thus leading to drastic skin aging!
So, let’s find out how to alleviate these misbehaviors and bring your skin back to life!
- Hydrate Your Skin: It’s an old school, when you hear somebody tell you to drink plenty of water! You know you should, but yeah, we are lazy! But let me just remind you again 😊
However, replenishing the lost moisture in your skin needs more than drinking liquids. Targeting the problem bull eyed is the best strategy. You’ll need humectants. Humectants prevent moisture loss by retaining and locking the moisture into your skin!
- One of which is Hyaluronic Acid: this mighty substance is your skin’s hero when it comes to having a plump, hydrated and healthy skin. Did you know that a gram of HA can hold up to 6 liters of water?! Amazing ingredient! It regulates the moisture in your skin while keeping it longer.
- Soothe Your Skin: Your skin is reacting badly because the skin barrier is hurt. Addressing the cause would lead to a faster healing. Use skincare products with anti-inflammatory properties like Centella Asiatica and Propolis. Ceramides are great too because it holds your skin together while it forms a protective layer on the skin.
- Dr Jart+ have Centella Asiatica and Ceramide lines of products
- Grab Some Oil: To achieve a healthy skin, there should be a balance of water and sebum in your skin. The summer sun and the cooler wind of the autumn make your skin out of balance. For oily skin, do not fret. There are great facial oils out there that are non pore clogging and non greasy. They have the right consistency to nourish your damaged skin barrier. And for those with drier skin, you’ll be surprised how much a facial oil can do wonders to your skin! And hey, you only need 1-3 drops per application!
Listen to your skin ladies! Adjust your skincare products according to your skin needs! Hope you enjoy the beautiful colors of the autumn this year!